The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are. -J. Pierpont Morgan
My 2012 theme was balance and while I didn't always achieve it, it has become a mindset.
This year is about renewal.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
I put my resolutions into three simple categories: Health, Family, and Growth.
- Running - (4) half-marathons and three times a week
- Exercise - daily: running, elliptical, or other
- Moderation - stay away from overeating, drinking, etc.
Things do not change; we change. -Henry David Thoreau
- Focus on positive discipline and outlets for Jerry
- Wean Momoko off of night-time wake-ups
- Bring back the monthly date night with Eriko
Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point. -Harold B. Melchart
- Weekly Journaling and a Monthly Blog Post
- Projects - a great many! The MG, the Raspberry PI, etc.
- Reading - would love to consume a novel a month.
Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. -Dale Carnegie
No matter what you do in 2013, do your best at it!
Happy New Year!