My last resolution post was way back in January of 2010 and highlighted a few areas of focus:
- Reading (books)
- Writing (on the blog)
I didn't stay focused on most of these things in 2010 or 2011; a few events pre-empted my wonderfully scripted world:
- Momoko's birth on February 21st, 2010
- Isilon's acquisition on December 21st, 2010
- The purchase and remodel of our soon to be home (completed on January 21st, 2012?)
I did take swimming lessons, bought a kindle, read over ten books, and began a running program - so I made progress!
- Health: Bike to work, regular running, and back to swimming lessons.
- Family: Date nights with Eriko, more time with kids, and more talk with siblings and cousins.
- Growth: Read more books, write more blogs, and find ways for "me" time.
- Hobbies: Build more crafts, work on the MG, and upgrade computing environment.
My theme for 2012: Balance
I've received many inquiries about Eriko's family - from far and wide. Old friends, distant family, and far away co-workers - some of whom I haven't talked with in years - reached out to make sure that Eriko and her family were doing well.
Here is a rendition of where we are heading:
The tenants move out at the end of April and then construction starts.
- Plan A - ask neighboring office if they'll sell and allow us to expand our condo by a single room.
- Plan B - low-bid for an OK home on a decent lot.
- Plan C - reasonable bid for a wonderful home in a decent spot. No yard, busy street.
- Plan D - remodel existing home. Cost prohibitive.
- Plan E - buy multi-tenant home on nice lot with current rental income. Potential for later...